Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Nadine - Ups and Downs

On the plus side, from waking up too early, I get to see God's glory in his sunrise.

On the plus side, I have a renewed and abounding love for three-year-olds.

On the plus side, I've been prayed over in Português by the girl I'm sharing a bed with, named Melina.

On the plus side, while feeling extra cranky, I've noticed Jordan's exceptional initiative with learning the local language.  And with embracing love for peri peri.

On the plus side, I've discovered that Deirdre is an expert on finding and massaging knots.

On the plus side, whenever I wince, or screech, or cry, I'm reminded of how compassionate Eric is.  (Don't tell him, of course, because he'll try to deflect it with a joke.)

On the plus side, God is working out the rocks and weeds and thorns in the clay that is my heart, reminding me of the difference between knowing what it means to walk humbly in love and doing it. 

On the down side, I have a pinched nerve in my neck, and your prayers would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment